Finally! Microsoft has introduced Custom fields for Project for the Web!
Let ma show you how they can be used! First, I will create a simple Project:
OK! Let says that I need next fields:
- Task description
- Task critical deadline
- Task cost
- Does Task has to be reviewed by Project Manager before it is considered done?
I will create them as follows. First I will chose to add new Field:
- for Task description:
- for Task critical deadline:
- for Task cost:
- for Does Task has to be reviewed by Project Manager before it is considered
Finally, I will get:
I will put some data, and I will get:
Do I have to mention that in Date type field I can only put Date, in Number type field only numbers, and so on?
Now! I know that I have comment for a Task already built in, so I do not need Task Description field. I can delete it:
As you can see, I can delete custom field, and I can rename it. But I can’t change it’s type (for example, from Text to Number and so on).
After I choose Dele field I will get:
and this field is gone.
Some useful tips:
- Custom fields can be only Text, Date, Number and Yes/No type
- Custom fields can be deleted, renamed, but their type cannot be changed
- Custom field are only for Task (unlike in MS PROJECT Desktop or Online version in which I can create Custom fields for Tasks and Resources)
- Finally, Custom fields are created per Project base. So, in my example, if I create new Project, and I want same custom fields, I should create them all over again.