the new feature is here! From now on there is possibility to import Project from Project desktop to Microsoft Project for the Web!
Let me show you how, and what are limitations.
First of all, I will create a simple Project in Project Desktop:
As you can see, there are five Tasks:
- Task 2 has Finish to Start relation to Task 1, Task 3 has Start to Start relation to Task 2, Task 4 has Finish to Finish relation to Task 3, and Task 5 has Finish to Start relation to Task 4. Task Done is milestone, and it has Finish to finish relation to all other Tasks.
- All Tasks, except Milestone have Resources assigned
- Task 1 is 100% completed, and Task 2 is 50% completed.
No I will import it to Project for the Web:
This is what I get:
As you can see:
- Resources are not imported
- Relations are moved only for Finish to Start relations
To see all limitations, check here:
Well done Microsoft, glad to have this!