often you will need to edit information not only for single, but for multiple Tasks in MS PROJECT 2013, and you will not want to edit Task by Task because it is time consuming. What can you do?
First IU will create simple Project:
Now suppose that I want to edit all of them (or some), so I have to select those Tasks and then:
and I will get:
I will cover all Tabs, but not all field, just most important:
- Name – if you put something in this field (for example: Development), all selected Tasks will have this (same) name
- Duration – if you put number in this field, all selected Tasks will have same Duration
- Percent complete – if you put number here, all Tasks will have same % Complete
- Schedule Mode – you will select for all Selected Tasks Manually or Auto Schedule Mode
You can assign same Resources for all Selected Tasks
- Deadline – you can put same Deadline date for all Selected Tasks
- Constraint Type – you can choose Constraint type for all Selected Tasks (for example, ASAP, ALAP,SNET,FNET,….), and put appropriate date
- Task type – you can choose between Fixed Units, Fixed Work or Fixed Duration, and if Tasks are Effort or non Effort driven (Fixed Work type is always effort driven)
As you can see you can not put predecessors for Multiple Tasks, and that make sense!
To conclude, this feature is very powerful, and use it whenever you can, so you will save a lot, and I mean A LOT of time!
- Calendar – you can choose default Calendar for all Selected Tasks