I’ve got a question about MS PROJECT 2016:
How we can have a new baseline (adding task or resource and delete task or resource) and how viewing that new baseline on the Gantt Chart.”
I will show you how to da this Step-by-Step.
1. First I will create a brand new Project:
2. I will have Two Resources on the Project – John and Mary:
3. I will assign Resources to those Tasks:
4. I will save the Baseline:
5. To see Actual Schedule and Baseline Schedule I will use Tracking Gantt View (and you should as well, because this View is justofor that):
Red Bar shows Actual Schedule and Grey Bar shows Baseline Schedule (it is static or frozen)
6. Suppose that Project Plan has changed and I do not need Task 2 no more, but I need Task 4 = 4 days Duration with Task 3 as Predecessor, and Mary will work on that Task (I will show that on regular Gant Chart):
On the Tracking Gantt it looks like:
7. As you can see it looks like a mess. Since this is our new Project Plan we will save it as a separate baseline:
8. Finally I will show this new Baseline (Baseline1) in Tracking Gantt View):
Finally I will get:
I hope this helps.